Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically charged for data

gooleys12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

What is with o2 charging me automatically for data? I reset my phone logging in to wifi and I get this lovely message saying we have taken £1 from your credit and given you 50mb of data to use till midnight.  What crap I didn't buy it. It should have asked before even charging me and why would I buy data when I have home wifi and I am at home ? How do I get my money back ? Not happy this was charged automatically. Will thus keep happening if I change phones or just hard reset?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gooleys12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Happened again as the phone just turns mobile data back on after you reinsert the sim evev if you jad turned off. Ended up calling customer services nice lady turned the mobile data off from there end and refunded me . Now it will not connect to o2 mobile data unless I call and reinstate. Nice.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You have been charged the Web Daily which is part of your tariff. If you access mobile data the charge will be automatic. Possibly when you reset your phone your phone used data before reconnecting to wifi.

Only way to stop these charges is to ensure mobile data is set to off in the phone settings.

Perhaps think about a data bolt on which will allow you to access data when away from wifi access.

Message 2 of 11

gooleys12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Will make sure data is off next time. No to bolt ons as I pay for high speed wifi at home where I am most of the time I am a full time house person if I did need it outside lots of free wifi hot spots where I live. Thank you for the help.
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi gooleys12,

There are a lot of people who have this issue and demand their money back.

Even if you have your wifi turned on, your phone will still use up mobile data.

As long as your mobile data is turned off then you will not be charged for data usage.

As you had your mobile data turned on, according to O2 you are using your data and therefore you cannot get a refund.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well you could ask not sure how far you will get but you never know
Message 6 of 11

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well you could ask not sure how far you will get but you never know

Yes ofcourse there is no harm in asking

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on if you do ask slight_smile
Message 8 of 11

gooleys12
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Happened again as the phone just turns mobile data back on after you reinsert the sim evev if you jad turned off. Ended up calling customer services nice lady turned the mobile data off from there end and refunded me . Now it will not connect to o2 mobile data unless I call and reinstate. Nice.
Message 9 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Glad they helped you out, but it seems you now have a phone that will not do what it's designed to do!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11