Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

armed forces discount

alidon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im trying to sort out my army discount and have followed the guides on the community pages but have got nowehere!

Im texting 61202 and have tried British Army, Army, Armed Forces - but it keeps coming back with an error.

anyone know what I need to type???

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, just double checked this on our end as well regarding the O2 discount - it is indeed serving forces only that get the discount, so looks like that's why it was not working for you @alidon. If you are active though and there's still a problem, the Armed Forces HR might be able to help with more info.

Cheers for posting that link @DaveA. slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

hughes
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The code for the army is ARM01 

pop that into www.o2.co.uk/open

follow the instructions. Jobs a gooden

Message 2 of 10

alidon
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Hughes,

do you know if you still get a discount as an army veteran?

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need a payroll number and valid email address so it's doubtful ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's worth asking customer service but I too doubt it. Once upon a time there was a discount for veterans but I think that was discontinued when the O2 Open was introduced.

Message 5 of 10

DaveA
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If you are a genuine veteran you can join https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk where you'll find information to obtain the O2 Open discount you are referring to.
Message 6 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone, just double checked this on our end as well regarding the O2 discount - it is indeed serving forces only that get the discount, so looks like that's why it was not working for you @alidon. If you are active though and there's still a problem, the Armed Forces HR might be able to help with more info.

Cheers for posting that link @DaveA. slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

REMI_Guy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well that's just typical, I moved over to O2 mainly because they offered the discount.  As a medically discharged veteran I'm somewhat let down by this.  Especially as I have just upgraded because of all of this.

Message 8 of 10

Ads_1980
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This isn't clear regarding vetrens, the defence discount card is available to vetrens and the o2 offer points you towards a vault code which you can then apparently enter somewhere in o2 to get the discount. However as we know, the o2 site only accepts wage slips/military email address. This is further confused by a manager of an o2 shop who told me that vetrens DO get the discount, they just need to upload  a photo of their defence discount card, which is o e reason I went with o2. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ads_1980 

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10