cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are iphone%207%20settings%20different%20for%20pay%20monthly%20and%20pay%20as%20you%20go

tonyrobo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I changed my iphone 7 for another iphone 7 just after christmas. All my info etc was transferred from my old sim only phone to my new pay monthly phone. It has never worked right as regards the internet / wifi.Although it is connected to both I cant always open web apps and I get message saying I am not connected to internet. Status checking says all ok with network and wifi check is super fast. The problem is still there today even tho my phone updated ios last night so what could be wrong. Are phone settings same for pay monthly and a sim only phone.  Ive got another 15 mnths on my contract Need help please before I throw it.

Thanks Tony Robinson

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tonyrobo 

Yes, contract and PAYG use different settings.

If you reset your network settings it should sort itself out.

edit to fix title

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tonyrobo 

Yes, contract and PAYG use different settings.

If you reset your network settings it should sort itself out.

edit to fix title

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Deleted by me

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

tonyrobo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im sure Ive tried this before but done it again and it looks like it has worked..........for now

Thanks so much, cant really afford to throw the phone. But while Im chatting how can I get phone to prioritise wifi over data as when I open phone it sits on data for a while

Thanks for the help

tonyrobo

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tonyrobo 

Did you also get a new sim card when you switched.

The settings are integral to the sim so if you're still using your old sim, they may revert back to the wrong settings.

Any O2 store will swap you to the correct sim for free.

WRT wifi priority, there is no setting for this as it should find wifi automatically if switched on in settings, but check if wifi assist is on and if so, turn off.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6