cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another "requesting PAC code"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been bought a mobile (another provider) as a present & need my PAC code.

Seached  and found this link: http://www.o2.co.uk/search/results?selected_categories=help&selected_types=html&selected_types=Video...

The article said " Want to keep your mobile number? You'll need a PAC code

Whether you are looking to move from another network to O2, move from O2 Pay & Go to O2 Pay Monthly or you want to leave O2 - keeping your number is simple". The link was http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number#qs.

Some clear instructions there but no mention at all of  what to do when  "or you want to leave O2".

Went to "Contact us" and am now fed up of

"Give us a moment

We're just checking to see if there's an available agent".

Ofcom says that PACs "have to be issued immediately over the phone or within a maximum of two hours by text message" - I rang cs on 202 (per another thread) and got 'number unobtainable'. Made more unsuccessful phone calls and I've now run out of credit on my PASG.

Is there an email address for CS, please?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It gets worse. I found this for PAYG: http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

From your O2 mobile 4445 From a landline 0344 8090222

I still have some credit left but ringing 4445 I was transferred to the top-up line. Unhrlpful.

I rang 0344 8090222 and got "the number has not been recognised". Can anyone tell me if it's the correct number please?

And O2 is still "looking for an agent". AAaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!     Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link, Cleoriff,  but I've tried them all - and O2 is still searching for an agent for the Live Chat!

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 202 number is customer service for pay montly customers. Calls to 4445 cost 25p from a PAYG mobile.

Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Live chat cannot give pac for payg.
You have to call 4445 from your mobile or 0344 8090222 from a landline.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoever wrote the page for the link http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to​-keep-your-mobile-number#qs probably left out instructions for what to do when  "or you want to leave O2" just to make it difficult. Usual rationale is "why should we make it easy for them to leave us" but that is so short-sighted and a very bad business technique. I may be leaving this time but it was a present - I may come back, but if leaving is going to cause me all these problems, I probably won't come back - so get your finger out O2 - a message I'll post on Facebook.

Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You need 25p credit to call 4445 which is why you are being transferred to the top up line.

Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Keeping your number is different from leaving O2 which is why they are on different 'pages'

For instance I kept my number when i moved from PAYG to Contract

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your ID photo has got me out of an increasingly-grumpy mood MI5! Thank you  BUT . . .

0344 8090222 wasn't recognised.

Message 10 of 19