Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: annoyed when did the 1471 service end

I have complained to O2 about the 1471 removal, they responded by giving me £40 off my next bill. Directly ignoring the questions I've asked. I feel like all they've done is paid me off to shut up! Lol.
I have just called the speaking clock, the O2 one sounds weird but at least the service still exists unlike 1471 which has died a death!

They aren't obliged to answer your questions and they certainly won't reactivate the service.
If you've accepted the £40 then they consider the matter closed.
Surely you knew that by complaining the most you'd get was some form of credit on your bill? I'm surprised they gave you as much as £40.
Highlighted
Anonymous

No I didn't know I was going to get a credit nor did I expect it. I was just disappointed that the customers hadn't been informed of the service closing so I put my views across to them. I didn't ask them to reactivate it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I doubt it has anything to do with capacity and more to do with take away a usful free service and replace with a costful alternative.
I was only a few years ago Vodafone introduced 1471 on their mobile network and they will even let you send a shortcode (USSD) to *#147# and you'll get the 1471 details displayed on your screen.
You don't have to stay with O2.
(Note to O2: I'm not saying people have to goto to Vodafone either, it's not like they are any better, just letting them know their 1471 options.)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Also if you look at some of the newer players in the mobile market like the many MVNOs they give you benefits like seeing you calls itemised online, some showing inbound and outbound, some even letting you listen to voicemails online or getting your voicemails sent to email.
Their is alternatives if you miss 1471, you just need to look around the market if the network you with currently (ie O2) doesn't give you what you want.
Heck if so many people left over something as simple as 1471, i sure O2 would bring it back very quickly if it any sort of dent to their profits at the end of the day.