Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

annoyed when did the 1471 service end

thats anoying i when i had my experia x10 used to check 1471 every few hours due to poor signal tried it tonight as thought the spare phone was acting up and now find they have done away with 1471 and want to promote voice mail hence making money out of me for that service as to my knowledge you have to pay to listen to your voicemail.

also with my experia you could not trust it if it even had signal as no end of people said they tried ringing the phone yet the phone would not even log a call
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,895

Re: annoyed when did the 1471 service end

I didn't know the service had been stopped until I read your post :mansurprised: :mansurprised:
Yes, if your contract is pre Feb 26th this year, then 901 is free. After that date 901 comes out of your allowance and becomes chargeable if you exceed your allowance.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It ended on 24th November. They scrapped it because it takes up lots of network capacity and hardly anyone uses it. A good alternative is to turn on call alert by dialling 1710, it sends you a text with the callers number every time someone tries to call you but can't get through. Bare in mind if you use call alert you can't use voicemail...it's one or the other.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It ended on 24th November. They scrapped it because it takes up lots of network capacity and hardly anyone uses it. A good alternative is to turn on call alert by dialling 1710, it sends you a text with the callers number every time someone tries to call you but can't get through. Bare in mind if you use call alert you can't use voicemail...it's one or the other.

i dont use voice mail i turn it of just activated that on both phones and its a better service so very happy now that i dont have to keep dialing 1471 it will automaticly let me kno.
also def no charges with this service is there
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,895

Highlighted
Anonymous

thanks thats a handy service
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wouldn't have known unless I read this message! Thanks for the info...
As people say at least O2 Call Alert is still in operation! Does just the job as good I guess Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

BUT... Voice mail doesn't work with Call Alert activated - it is one or the other....
Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Anonymous

network capacity - in what way ? will this mean better coverage etc
Highlighted
Anonymous

network capacity - in what way ? will this mean better coverage etc

It just means that there will be more space on the network to carry things such as calls etc. Won't have any affect on coverage.