Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am overseas and barely using the phone. what tariff do i need

Wanderah
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am in Australia with a local and my UK phone.  As Australia Govt is blocking most citizens from leaving and returning I'm here for some time. My UK phone is used to receive occasional incoming business calls from the UK, but not to make them as I have a local phone with good international call rates. I have occasional internet use utilising my own wifi hotspot gadget, but am using nothing substantial on the UK phone.

My current tariff expires in 2 weeks, which is 21 GBP.  I am looking to reduce that as the phone has minimal use. 

I have the International Bolt On 3GBP, and am paying for 20GB data and unlimited calls and texts.  Obviously I don't need this and wish to down grade the tariff .  I will need to have international calls to and from the UK, some texts and a little bit of data.

I don't want to pay 4.99 GBP for any days that calls or texts are made/received as very quickly that will cost more than the current tariff.  

I can't get through to customer services (for about a year now!) and I need help. 

What would be suitable for my situation please?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Wanderah 

You can change to any of the current sim only deals yourself in your MyO2.

Just choose a sim only upgrade.

Current offers here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=Featured

You can add the international bolt on, if required too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2