Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airtime

stan2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been told I am on unlimited texts to any mobile any network, but what is this airtime as it says about charging me for texts and data  

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
So airtime is the phrase for the package you are on for calls, texts and data.
o2 phone and airtime deals separate out the payment for the phone and the airtime (your minutes, texts and data) so that once you have finished paying for your phone you then only pay your airtime.
Does that make sense @stan2?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi @stan2,

Pay monthly plans come with unlimited texts and have a data allowance for you to use. 

O2 send a reminder when you've used 80% of your data allowance, and a further text when you've used up your allowance.

Inclusive messages on pay monthly tariffs can be used for texts sent in the UK to UK mobiles for private and personal purposes. This doesn't include international texts.

I'd recommend downloading MyO2 and signing in to the app to check your exact plan.

Where does it say about charging you for texts and data?

Message 2 of 5

stan2
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi many thanks for your reply  it says for texts its unlimited  so what is this  £20.55 airtime for then 

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 10.24.57.png  

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 10.32.08.jpg

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
So airtime is the phrase for the package you are on for calls, texts and data.
o2 phone and airtime deals separate out the payment for the phone and the airtime (your minutes, texts and data) so that once you have finished paying for your phone you then only pay your airtime.
Does that make sense @stan2?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

stan2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes makes sense now  thanks 

Message 5 of 5