cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice please

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have just had a galaxy ace on 02, im on the go go 10 tarrif, someone told me if i put wifi on , when i use the internet it wont eat into my allowance,but it does...what am i doing wrong..? i have only been using internet while i am at home..Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to connect your phone to a wifi signal. Have you entered the password for your router correctly?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to connect your phone to a wifi signal. Have you entered the password for your router correctly?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

havent got a password on the wifi, i have just turned the gps 0ff, will this help ?

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, GPS won't effect it. So, are you saying your wifi is unsecured and you just let anyone connect to it to use it?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

it must be, i dont have to put a password in,im not very up on phones or computers...lol

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That is very risky as anyone could log onto your network and take full control of any phones or PC's that are connected to it. I would strongly suggest you get someone to secure your wifi as a matter of urgency.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

thw wifi icon is green so i am connected to it, but it still uses my allowance

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

i will ask my son to do it when he comes, its been like it for years

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Turn off your mobile data then you can't use your data allowance, but I suspect you are not connecting properly to your wifi.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for advice

Message 10 of 13