cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advice bout my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, i have been with o2 since january 2012 and love them, but i hate my blackberry bold 9900, ive had many problems with it and o2 have sent it away as i have insurance and i have recieved a replacement. My question is my contract is up in january 2014 but i want to change to an iphone, and im not sure if i can buy an iphone pay as u go and put my contract sim in it? is this possible, i dont want to cancel my contract but i jst hate blackberry so much now i want to change 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
if you buy an iphone outright you will have to call customer services to cancel your insurance. As far as i am aware o2 only cover handsets got through them

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes you can buy an iphone and just put your contract sim in it. You just need to change the Blackberry bolt on to the iphone data bolt on.

Message 2 of 7

rawrz
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
you may also need a change of sim. iphone 4 and 4s take a micro sim and 5 takes a nano. customer service also ordee one for you depending on the phone you buy
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks  for the advice, socan i sell the blackberry i have now to help me pay for an iphone or am i not allowed to do that. and i have insurance for my blackberry do i have to phone and get it changed 

Message 4 of 7

rawrz
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
if you buy an iphone outright you will have to call customer services to cancel your insurance. As far as i am aware o2 only cover handsets got through them
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your Blackberry is yours to sell and to put the proceeds towards the cost of your iphone:smileyhappy: You will need to cancel your insurance and take out new insurance for the iphone. Shop around for insurance as you can get it cheaper than O2.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rawrz is correct.

If you purchase the handset through O2 then you would be able to add insurance to it. Then, obviously, cancel the blackberry insurance.

O2 offer a recycling service for handsets - www.o2recycle.co.uk/ - so you can trade in your blackberry to get money off the cost of an iPhone.

You may be cheaper using the money from the blackberry to go towards buying out your contract (However many months you have left multiplied by the amount of your tariff without any discounts or boltons) and then upgrade onto an iPhone? This would mean committing to a new contract.

Message 7 of 7