cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You International Travel Bolt-on is total rubbish - no data availability in either Japan or Taiwan

montesquieu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm coming to the end of a fornight in Japan and Taiwan. In good time, I requested a bold-on. I have a Pay Monthly contract.

Well when I got to Japan the iPhone 11 was completley incapable of receiving data. Same now 10 days later in Taiwan.

In both cases I've had to resort to buying a data-only SIM from local telecoms providers - these both worked instantly.

My wife has the same O2 contact as me, her older iPhone 8 Plus worked fine in Japan, but she had the same problem as me in Taiwan.

I was showing 4G and able to make calls/texts - just no data. I called up (I was on for 2 hours 40 minutes to O2 in total) where every conceivable setting and reset option was tried. (IThis was after - in Japan - I double checked that every setting on my phone was already identical to my wife's - they were all identical).

In the end I was told it was a device problem. Which I simply don't believe - why then did they work fine with a Japanese/Taiwanese SIM?

I've run up a fortune in texts as this was the only option for a good part of the time to communicate with people.

I doubt very much whether I'll stick around with O2 after this debacle but you have a chance here to redeem yourselves: explain please why your service (and by extention, your bolt-on arrangemnet) doesn't work in Japan on a totally mainstream Apple product?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7171 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

This is a community forum and not O2

If you wish to complain details at the bottom of this page

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7171 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

This is a community forum and not O2

If you wish to complain details at the bottom of this page

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2