cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yearly upgrade programme

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

So I've got a Samsung Galaxy s7 on this contract and come March I can upgrade to the next latest phone, however bit of a problem.

I cracked the screen (walking upstairs to buy an iPad of all things), now it's so insane the cost of repairing the screen and my insurance would give me a refurbished phone so that'd make the programmer void, but the screen works perfectly fine with the scratches. Can I still upgrade or have I renedered the point of this contract absolutely useless? I was told I'd have to repair the screen myself or pay the decide part of the contract off myself like a normal contract, is this the case?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can still trade it in but the value will be less so you'd have to make up the difference out your own pocket.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm confused, how does this contract actually work?
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does o2 not cover the gap between phone value and remainder left on phone side of contract?
Message 4 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Not if the screen is knackered, no
Message 5 of 14

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Just bang it through the insurance and keep both receipts. At upgrade time you will have proof of the repair/exchange and all should be peachy
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem with insurance is they just give you a refurbished phone, will have different IMEI and I'm told they won't accept that.
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Who told you they won't accept it?
All replacement phones are refurbs so I don't see it being a problem?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
They may just replace the display
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
True....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14