Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yearly Upgrade Dispute

daclarke35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Like many people on here, I have been a member of the yearly upgrade programme for several years - have upgraded my handset the last two years around October time after 12 months of my contract: I got involved with the Yearly Upgrade when it first came around with my iPhone 7.  After a year I swapped to the iPhone X, and last October upgraded to a newer iPhone XR. I was able to see when first signing up for it that I'd be able to upgrade after 12 months.

I've since noticed that my account is now telling me I am not eligible to upgrade my handset until March 2021 - can anyone help with this?  Is there a reason mine is no longer showing?

Had I known that this was going to be pulled, or that I would not be able to upgrade as per my membership of the Yearly Upgrade Programme I would have taken a shorter contract or even signed up for the Apple yearly refresh programme instead.  Customer Service/Recontracts that I have contacted have not been much help so far.  Can anyone help - I see there are lots of people who have this same query.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@daclarke35 

We are all customers here so can only advise you call customer service to see why Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@daclarke35 

We are all customers here so can only advise you call customer service to see why Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I maybe wrong here but I thought I saw a post on here a while ago stating that it had been got rid of 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Maybe for new contracts or upgrades but it cannot just be removed if part of what the customer signed up to.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No, they can't discontinue it for existing customers. Maybe just new contracts? Just call 202 and ask them. 

Message 5 of 5