cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongfully disconnected 😒

Anonymous
Not applicable

So apparently sending back a device gets your current contract disconnected. I was on the phone to someone trying to ensure you guys have received the device I sent back. Got put on hold for 5 mins and then the next thing I know my phone cuts out and when I tried to call back I get a notification on my phone saying "no registered to network". Me thinking it was a network issue contact o2 guru on chat for them to tell me that my phone was disconnected so I checked my o2 app and my number and phone disappeared from the list. How the hell do you disconnect the WRONG NUMBER???????? The guy says to me that I can call the disconnection line, to which I said I didn't have a land-line and o2 store isn't close by but apparently he can't read or understand what I am saying. I get in contact with another person and the same thing happens. You allow people to chase up orders and change tariffs online but you can't connect someone's line back on which you disconnected by not paying attention! I am not going to go out of my way to fix a problem you idiots made. I'll be cancelling my direct debit. Thanks for nothing.

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I strongly advise you not to cancel your DD as it is you who will be blacklisted and O2 will still chase you for the money.
I understand its not your error but you can save yourself a world of grief by sorting this out properly.
Borrow a phone of someone and call the landline number on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I wouldn't trust live chat with this unfortunately.
I should also point out that this is a customer forum and as such you are not addressing O2 directly on here.
Good luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I strongly advise you not to cancel your DD as it is you who will be blacklisted and O2 will still chase you for the money.
I understand its not your error but you can save yourself a world of grief by sorting this out properly.
Borrow a phone of someone and call the landline number on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I wouldn't trust live chat with this unfortunately.
I should also point out that this is a customer forum and as such you are not addressing O2 directly on here.
Good luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 26

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Sorry to hear about the issue's you're having @Anonymous. Why was the device sent back to O2 initially? I wouldn't recommend cancelling direct debits, this won't help solve the issue and could end up causing you more hassle than it's worth

Message 3 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous DO NOT cancel your direct debit. That will only result in a negative mark on your credit rating and you won't be able to get a mobile phone contract from any provider. This is a customer to customer forum. You need to speak to customer service. Live Chat is unreliable. Either borrow a friend's O2 phone or find a land line and call using the numbers provided. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edit: Apologies for the duplications in posts but I was typing as the others were posting.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

as of right now I haven't cancelled my DD. I am giving them the opportunity to respond to my Facebook complaint. Sorry I wasn't aware that this forum is for customers only, thanks for putting that to my attention. It's very frustrating since I've never missed a single payment, I pay extra towards my device as and when I'm able to afford it and I only returned the device because I changed my mind. 

Message 5 of 26

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You have our sympathy and wish you good luck in getting this sorted out.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Thank you. 😊

Message 7 of 26

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Make sure you let us know, and welcome to the mad house slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Hope you get this resolved soon. If you have time, please come back and let us know how you got on.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys

they want me to talk to them on a chat link sent through the Facebook private messaging. It's not gonna solve anything if I get the same thing for the forth time.

Message 10 of 26