Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone sent

LisaJayne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, wonder if someone in the know can help me, im having a nightmare with O2.

I did an upgrade, i wanted an 8+, for one reason or another i have not actually seen one but i have a 7. I ordered it on the phone, the guy waved my £29.99 fee for the handset and also told me to text a number as apparantly im a platinum customer, for some discount on my line rental when the phone is up and running.

The next day my lovely phone was delivered to me by my rergular courier, he asked me to confirm my name and then asked me to sign which i did. I opened the box only to see a phone with a masssive screen and it was black i ordered Gold, my husband decided to keep it and i have his. 

since then four days later i have been called and stated that i have the wrong phone, i have in fact an iphone X, i am ignorant to phones so have no idea! all i do know is that it was the wrong colour.

They have stated that i must send this back, not only is it not my phone but someone else is paying for the phone and it isnt me! they want to take the initial waved fee back and also charge me more for airtime for another phone! im just stuck in a rut here and im fuming! im waiting as i type to speak with a manager but im afraid im not quite sure where to go with this!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It may be better going with a complaint to get satisfaction. Use the Resolver link but also send to the complaints review service. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27670 Solutions
It should be easy to spot if it's an iPhone instead of an S8, but if you have the wrong phone it should certainly be returned so you can get the correct one that you should have.
I don't see any need for you to be paying extra either as it's O2 who should be sorting their mess out and compensating you for the hassle.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3