Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Wrong Information

Hi
I woundered if anyone else had been given wrong information from the online chat team?
I originally took out my contract in Feb 2009 and got a 3g iphone. After many problems with his running slow and getting no help from O2 I took it to the Apple Store. They advised they had so many problems with them and they upgraded me to a 3gs free of charge. This also started running slow and after many arguments with O2 I was told i can upgrade ealry (I am due an upgrade 1st Jan 2012) for the cost of £90. This would be added to my next bill. Perfect i thought as I can recycle my phone with O2 and get £95. This will cover the early upgrade. I was told I would need to call the upgrades team. So I did. And I was told I can not upgrade till 1st January. I argued I had been advised i could upgrade today but was fobbed of by them saying they stopped this a month ago.
I know I only have another month to wait but its the fact I was told I could by the online advior and then when I called told me I could not.
Anyone know a way around this?
TBH I think the online chat is a total farce and they dont know their **** from their elbow
Bx
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Wrong Information

The chat log is normally saved in your account notes.
I'm not sure if they'd honour it though because you've now been given the correct information. Companies can't be expected to honour every bit of incorrect info their numerous employees spit out Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Companies can't be expected to honour every bit of incorrect info their numerous employees spit out Smiley Very Happy

Actually, I think they should be expected to either;
give the correct information, if the employee is unsure then they need to double-check before giving information out
honour the incorrect information that was given (though this is almost always not possible if the employee was talking nonsense)
offer some kind of goodwill compensation or gesture for misinformation
It becomes a serious issue if an employee gives out wrong information which someone then makes a unchangeable decision upon; the customer is then left in an impossible situation.
Highlighted
Topics: 24
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

• offer some kind of goodwill compensation or gesture for misinformation
    It becomes a serious issue if an employee gives out wrong information which someone then makes a unchangeable decision upon; the customer is then left in an impossible situation.

• Compensation based on the fact you're not out of pocket in such way?
    Highlighted
    Anonymous

For some people, even though they're not out of pocket and there's been minimal inconveniance eg: this situation where the OP will need to wait an extra month to upgrade, an old fashioned apology is not enough.
    Nowadays customers are commonly known to come out with words to the effect of 'so what compensation will this get me?' at the slightest problem. A very sad state of affairs, we have leeches living among us! Smiley Very Happy
    Highlighted
    Anonymous

It's something we call "goodwill" or "sweetner". Basically giving the customer something in return for the fact your company screwed up. People often request refund for the cost of their calls to customer care chasing up the screwup, especially if they've been having to call an 0845 number.