cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to cancel iPhone contract BUT!!!

abemnik
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have multiple Apple devices on o2, an iPhone XR, iPad Pro 12.7, and an Apple watch series 5, I want to cancel my iPhone contract and switch suppliers to BT as where I stay and work, o2 is patchy at best, where BT(EE) the coverage is a lot better esp regarding my work environment, as I work on boats around islands which have poor 02 coverage. Anyway, when I went to cancel, it said I would have to pay off my Apple Watch contract, but could I not just link up my watch to my iPad Pro as it has cellular services also, or would I have to get an eSim with small data amount from o2, and get a sim only deal through BT as they don't offer eSims.

For me, I would also like to transfer my number to BT and it would be cheaper to transfer the sync-1 to the iPad but we all know how corporations work when it comes to bleeding us dry of our last bits of copper

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@abemnik 

Unfortunately it has to be tied to an iPhone on a monthly contract tariff.

The cheapest sim only deal would do until you paid off the watch.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@abemnik 

Unfortunately it has to be tied to an iPhone on a monthly contract tariff.

The cheapest sim only deal would do until you paid off the watch.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

abemnik
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I kind of thought that would be the case, just a pity that isnt made clearer when getting a watch, just as well o2 do an eSim, thank you for the quick reply

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

For info, It is mentioned in the small print @abemnik 

Does my contract expire at the same time as my iPhone?

Unless you bought your iPhone and Apple Watch from O2 at the same time, it’s unlikely that your contracts will expire at the same time.

If you’ve paid off your iPhone Device Plan and want to cancel your iPhone Airtime Plan, you’ll need to pay off any outstanding balance on your Watch Device Plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4