Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worldwide24

Jumbocruiser
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just received an excited letter about worldwide24 from Leon Rudd, Head of Business Marketing  at O2

The news was that for a mere £7.50 my users can get 200MB data for 24 hours abroad - actually it says "up to"

Well all I know is that Vodafone charge £2 a day and when I go to the USA I just slip in a Three PAYG  SIM to my phone (having diverted my calls off my O2 SIM), I then pay them £15 which gives me unlimited calls and texts to the UK as well as unlimited data.  So £7.50 a day does not seem a good deal at all does it ?

Also what does "Be more dog" mean at your signature ?  Doesn't seem very respectful to your clients.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
And I thought it was something to do with lampposts?
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure someone in advertising or marketing can elaborate on this but bottom line, u may not like it but u notice it, so job done! Unsuccessful campaigns are the ones that go unnoticed. 

Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
A very good point. 😉
Message 13 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 14 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

does nothing for the brand imo. 

Modern advertising is aimed to ensure the brand is remembered by the public rather than to advertise the product.

There is no doubt that the public remember and associate "Be more dog" and the cat with O2.....so the advertising agency's job is done.....no product sold, just the brand remembered. 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

does nothing for the brand imo. 

Modern advertising is aimed to ensure the brand is remembered by the public rather than to advertise the product.

There is no doubt that the public remember and associate "Be more dog" and the cat with O2.....so the advertising agency's job is done.....no product sold, just the brand remembered. 

yes...even though you remember it with dislike.....

Some adverts nowadays are so 'clever'...you forget what the heck they are meant to be advertising....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 20

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 17 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Exactly......but as with this year's John Lewis Christmas advert, excessive repetition in one evening can have a totally reverse effect Bang

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 18 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Guinness adverts are in a class of their own. Then you look back and think what the heck have horses crashing through the waves of the sea, got to do with Guinness LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

How many people buy Coca Cola because of the best adverts in modern times....

Message 20 of 20