cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish to leave O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

My contract ends in March and I wish to leave O2, I want to keep my current Samsung S3 phone because I'm thinking of taking out a sim only contract (with a new mobile number) with another provider. When I notify O2 that I want to leave should I do this 30 days before my contract ends? Or notify them on the date that my contract actually ends and will they cease this with immediate effect?

Also, since I'm hoping to use another sim in my current phone can I just ask them to unlock my phone and if so will they do this free of charge?

Many thanks in advance.

slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unlock your phne now by filling in the form below.

Give 30 days notice before your end date and ask for your PAC code which you need to give to your new provider. Once they use the PAC code this will effectively end your contract anyway and O2 will send you a final bill.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unlock your phne now by filling in the form below.

Give 30 days notice before your end date and ask for your PAC code which you need to give to your new provider. Once they use the PAC code this will effectively end your contract anyway and O2 will send you a final bill.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You need to give O2 30 day's notice that you want to end your contract. If you don't, it will just become a one month rolling contract. The phone is yours to do what you want. I'm not sure if O2 has any restriction on unlocking S3's, but I shouldn't think there will be a problem. You can ask them to do that now. If you want to, you can also take your current number with you. Just ask O2 for your PAC code when you give them your notice of leaving. You can then give the PAC code to your new provider and they should transfer the number to your new sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the grass greener on the other side.

Sad to see you go.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for your replies slight_smile That's helped a lot.

@ bandofbrothers, aww thanks, but O2 doesn't seem to be working out for me lately. I've been with them for 5 years now and I've never had much of a problem before but every now and then I keep losing signal and I have to switch my phone off and back on again to get it back. It's annoying cos it sometimes shows 'emergency calls only' and that's when I know my signal's gone. And it's been doing this quite often which can be frustrating. One time I was calling someone and signal was just lost and I couldn't get connected. Also I find O2 far more expensive than their competitors 😞

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
@deepestblue sorry to hear you want to leave, the advice you've been given so far is spot on.

the grass may well not be greener on the other side. it costs much more to have a mainly uk-based operation rather than call centres in foreign countries. not only that but we rate the highest in customer satisfaction surveys (independent checks) and lowest in complaints (ofcom)....
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pablo

Thanks for your reply. Yes I must say I have spoken to some of the staff at O2 and they are really nice and helpful and that having the call centres in the UK is definitely better than overseas. That is the advantage of being with O2. Well, I still have some time to think about it. I might have to speak to someone from technical support regarding my signal problems with O2.

Thanks slight_smile

Message 7 of 7