Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not let me pay final bill

Louiseboyd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, i recently changed to a different network from the o2 pay monthly tariff after paying off device plan and took my number with me and i am now unable to pay my final bill. It didn't come off my direct debit and i received an email to pay but it wont let me pay it anywhere i try. The my o2 account wont let me do anything as it says i have no o2 services. 202 number says the same. Contacted the online payment system and this asks me to top up as pay as you go and then says my number isnt an o2 phone. Called customer services twice. 1 person wasnt sure and said to leave it for now and the other said i would need to wait till after covid restrictions are lifted to pay but when i asked if this meant that late charges would be removed they werent sure. Does anyone have any idea how i can pay this bill or where to contact that might be able to give me a definitive answer on late charges etc. I have never missed a payment and would prefer to get this sorted now rather than later if possible. Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Louiseboyd 

Different ways to pay here

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Louiseboyd
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried 202, my o2 account and automated payment line. Only 1 in that list i havent tried is going into the bank but i have no access to my paperless bills as it says i have no o2 account anymore. Is using the account number in the email i was sent about balance enough? Is the late fee a one off 3.50 charge or does this continue to grow? Can i do a payment transfer using online banking and a reference?
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to the guide you can, though it may be a bit risky in the current climate, (unless you keep the screenshot of your online transaction) and print off the bank statement as evidence it was paid.

It may be better to persevere with O2. Use any number, choose any option whether relevant to you or not.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Louiseboyd
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your help. Do you have any idea if the late fee is just £3.50 and thats it or if it accumulates? Just incase the only answer i get from them is the same as what i got from customer services today which was to wait till lockdown restrictions are lifted.
Message 5 of 6

Cazzb
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Louise I am in the same predicament and find it absurd that I am trying to pay a bill to o2 yet they are making it almost impossible to pay. I checked my credit score and have now got default payments on it. I really need to get this paid but worry that if I do it via bank transfer that o2 won’t recognise my account. They obviously have a record of me somewhere that they can inform a credit reference agency that iv not paid. It’s really frustrating as I’m only due £16
Message 6 of 6