Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Will my iphone Pay Monthly bill go down once 18 months is up

I think you're confused: as iPhone users we've never had any right to a free upgrade. Only people upgrading from the original to the 3G got a mid-contract upgrade but it wasn't free. They had to pay for their 3G too, but they got to do it well ahead of the end of their contract so long as they agreed to a new 18 month contract.

All subsequent iPhones were partly subsidised, hence when the new 3GS came out, 3G users had to either wait till their contract was up and then buy the new one (no free upgrade), or buy out the rest of their contract (ie, pay the monthly rental for all the remaining months) and then buy the new one (no free upgrade).

I'll say again: iPhone users do not ever get free upgrades (unless they're insanely smooth on the phone, which barely ever happens, or are a super-mega-uber-premium customer, which is probably not you!). You've been cheated out of nothing you were owed, sorry.
Anonymous

Re: simplicity package = NO FREE UPGRADE!!!

Just to let you know, if you change to the simplicity tarrif you are 'giving up your right to a free upgrade', and therefore either have to pay well over the odds for the upgrade or wait a further 18 months, they have just conned me by doing this...I am now stuck with the original iphone for another 18 months unless I pay hundreds of pounds
My phone does not even work any where near fully any longer- Mis sold service and npot happy...DO NOT DO THE SAME AS I DID!!!

Your post makes absolutely no sense at all..

Going to simplicity changes nothing at all and iphone users get the same upgrade deals as a new customer joining.

And how have you been conned into another 18 month contract? You seem to be very confused..
Anonymous

Will my iphone Pay Monthly bill go down once 18 months is up

"tricksy wording"?
get that past you?
if you simply contacted O2 and asked, they would have been open and advised you of this, before the contract began or during!
You sound like a conspiracy nut!
Anonymous

Re: simplicity package = NO FREE UPGRADE!!!

Just to let you know, if you change to the simplicity tarrif you are 'giving up your right to a free upgrade', and therefore either have to pay well over the odds for the upgrade or wait a further 18 months, they have just conned me by doing this...I am now stuck with the original iphone for another 18 months unless I pay hundreds of pounds
My phone does not even work any where near fully any longer- Mis sold service and npot happy...DO NOT DO THE SAME AS I DID!!!

Where has this free upgrade come from? Why do you think that you are eligable for a 'free upgrade'. Why would o2 let you go on a £20 30 day rolling contract and give you a phone that is £440?