Did you mean: 

Will my device be blocked

Meleelord
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

I've had a contract with O2 for about 6 months now. Unfortunately I'm just about to enter a debt management plan due to financial issues. Now I understand my account is likely to default as a result, and my numbers service will be blocked, but will I still be able to use the handset with a different sim? Just trying to prepare myself!

Thank you 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146700 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Meleelord 

You will need to contact O2 to set up a payment plan.

If you default on the device payments the phone will be blocked.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 10953 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 358 Solutions

If it is your own handset yes

@Meleelord 

If you owe o2 for it then it is not likely.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

PAYG is an acceptable option.

Info on all services available to you in your circumstance here @Meleelord -

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

Good luck!

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 146700 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Meleelord 

You will need to contact O2 to set up a payment plan.

If you default on the device payments the phone will be blocked.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 211 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently going through similar since divorce. My phone and my sons are both still under contract, the two others are now just plan only as the device plan is paid off.

I’ve just got off the phone with O2. They have said so long as payments are maintained that the accounts with remain open and active regardless of insolvency route. I discussed IVA and bankruptcy. 
I have not defaulted at all with the contract terms/agreements so all my accounts are paid and up to date. 
Only time will tell if what they say is true. 
I will update with the outcome. 

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@mrsbaker1 

Good luck with that and i think we would all be very interested to hear the outcome. Maybe O2 will not worry about what else is going on if you pay them every month ? As you are an existing customer, it is a slightly different situation than someone who fails a credit check. 👍

Message 6 of 8

Meleelord
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all, I have been trying to seek clarification from O2 on this but have yet to get a straight answer from payments team or complaints. I have been getting different answers from customer service and others with conflicting information. Is there somewhere in the T&C which cover this? 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 146700 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Meleelord 

As I advised and the solution as marked by O2, you need to set up a payment plan. 

Even if this is a low as £5 per month, it will keep your phone and services active, otherwise cut off and blocked.

There is probably something in the T&C's but my advice is from years of experience with O2.

Message 8 of 8