Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my bill be doubled?

Sophiejessie08
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I have a pay monthly tarried, my bill is due on the 8th may...I was running out data and noticed on the app I could upgrade my tariff which I ended up getting a better deal, £15 for 20gb data and 6 months free Disney+ (I was already paying £15.40 for 10gb)...so I upgraded no problem, wasn’t asked to pay anything....but my bill will arrive and renew in 8 days...does this mean I’ll have to pay 2 lots? I’m quite unsure how it would work as I’ve manage to get my new data allowance right away 8 days before it renews
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@Sophiajessie08

Hi I don't think you will pay double. Usually you pay the month in advance. So I believe you've already paid for your first data before the upgrade. Right now when you new bill comes you will only pay for what you upgraded to.

I hope this helps
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122372 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sophiejessie08 

If you upgraded and date dependent, your first bill may be a little higher as they will take a pro-rata payment for the amount owing from previous tariff. It won't be doubled.

In the second month your bill will be the one you upgraded to.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Sophiejessie08 

Your next bill should be around £15.30 then £15 the following month.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4