Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Will be saying goodbye to o2 once my contact is over

Right my bill normally gets sent about the 15th..i normally recieve this about the 18th to the 19th. The money comes out on the 29th.

But this 600 came out on the 1st march...so it normally would have come out on the 29th but there was no 29th in Feb so it came out on the 1st.

29 Apr 10 N/A Direct Debit - 14 days Payment Received 25.00
29 Mar 10 N/A Direct Debit - 14 days Payment Received 25.00
01 Mar 10 N/A Direct Debit - 14 days Payment Received 606.97
29 Jan 10 N/A Direct Debit - 14 days Payment Received 28.94

That is what came out
Anonymous

It has not been resolved as i only found out about them doing this last thursday
Anonymous

To be honest AF, without seeing the account it's not an easy one to advise on, I've had some where it just seems illogical but after a good look through you realise why something has happened, and 99 times out of 100, there is a reason. It could just be that Sarah is that 1 person out of 100 where the computer has just had a brain burp (and I think we all know modern technology isn't infallible regardless of how big the company is, or how much money they put into systems) and this is what has happened as a result. If it was happening to a lot of people then I would agree it's a disgrace, but in reality this sort of thing just doesn't happen without a reason often but no company can boast their computers do what they should do 100% of the time.
Sarah, your bill dates and DD dates aren't matching up, or do you mean the 19th was the day you got it through the post? If they took it out on the 1st of March (2 months ago) then I expect it has been resolved now? If so, there is no need for someone to take ownership of an issue that has been dealt with.

I agree, it's very hard to judge without being able to have a dig about in the billing/customer service system to see what's what.

Even though o2 may have it's faults I do have to stand up for the consumer pay monthly billing system, it very very rarely goes wrong without some form of human input/action.

It does seem that unfortunately the advisor who dealt with the refund request didn't take the overpayment amount into account and just processed it like any other refund i.e. fill in form and quote 10 days. They maybe weren't aware of other methods that could have been looked into such as an indemnity claim or a chaps payment.
Anonymous

Iv put in a formal complaint about this any way so will just have to see what happens from there
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,254

Iv put in a formal complaint about this any way so will just have to see what happens from there

Good luck with that Sarah, do let us know the outcome.
Anonymous

I will do
Anonymous

o2 finally got back to me and have credited my account by £75
Anonymous

Have you accepted this?
Anonymous

I'd say that's a fair enough offer of compensation Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Lol i didnt have no say in accepting it they just said they have credited my account with £75