Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Will be saying goodbye to o2 once my contact is over

Nice touch O2!

Sarah, when did O2 take your cash, before or after you were re-connected? If after, how many days?
Anonymous

Nice touch O2!
Sarah, when did O2 take your cash, before or after you were re-connected? If after, how many days?

A bill would have been produced and it would have been 14 day after that.
Anonymous

Nice touch O2!

What I was after is whether they continued to take it after they admitted their mistake and re-connected. I am wondering whether this information would have been available to the CS representative that effected the reconnection. I am also pondering whether the system leaves itself open to legal action.
Anonymous

Nice touch O2!

What I was after is whether they continued to take it after they admitted their mistake and re-connected. I am wondering whether this information would have been available to the CS representative that effected the reconnection. I am also pondering whether the system leaves itself open to legal action.

The bill wouldn't have been produced at that time.

After a disconnection occurs the final bill is produced 14 days after (in which the customer would review and iron out any discrepancies) during this time the bill can be placed into dispute preventing the DD being taken, if this doesn't happen the bill is taken 14 days later.

Had the OP checked the bill and saw it then they could have blocked it from going out, held it into dispute while they applied the credits to cancel out the term fee's and then the proper amount would be rolled over onto the next months bill.
Anonymous

Nice touch O2!

The bill wouldn't have been produced at that time.
After a disconnection occurs the final bill is produced 14 days after (in which the customer would review and iron out any discrepancies) during this time the bill can be placed into dispute preventing the DD being taken, if this doesn't happen the bill is taken 14 days later.
Had the OP checked the bill and saw it then they could have blocked it from going out, held it into dispute while they applied the credits to cancel out the term fee's and then the proper amount would be rolled over onto the next months bill.

I will be interested in what Sarah says, but I hear what you are saying.
Anonymous

I was disconnected on the 20th January and the money was taken out on the 1st march. And yes i was stupid for not checking my bill. And yes they did still take out my phone bill after that month
Anonymous

Nice touch O2!

Yes when i was disconnected they did admit there mistake, said they could not understand why i had been disconnected in the first place as my bill was not due for another 9 days, and yes they took my money after they had reconnected me
Anonymous

####

I don't think it is good enough to simply have your cash refunded and eventually your costs.....followed by a few quid off your bill. You are not alone, recently there have been others making comment about very similar billing issues.

####

####

The rest of us would get arrested for removing cash from somebody's account, knowing that it was not owed. This is not a civil debt matter, this is abuse of the direct debit system, whether it be systems error or plain carelessness.

Sarah, do me a favour and rattle as many cages as possible. Do not take any offers of a goodwill gesture until you come back on here and discuss it with us.

I am wondering whether a customer union would be a something we should consider.
Anonymous

if your a student do you really think a £30 a month contract is appropiate?
Anonymous

if your a student do you really think a £30 a month contract is appropiate?

I think that's irrelevant TBH, as the OP has already said, it can at times be cheaper to be on contract then PAYG and the mistake lies with O2 not the customer as she was wrongly disconnected.

Have they not given any indication as to why you were disconnected at all? People's account's don't just disconnect for no reason....or at least they shouldn't! :robotindifferent:

I would also be incredibly careful with indemnity claims now (infact would advise against it) if O2 have already agreed to credit your money back in 10 working days as you would effectively receive the refund twice and then O2 money (see how they like waiting for their money back Smiley Wink )