Will O2 ever do unlimited data again?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will O2 ever do unlimited data again
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 or @Anonymous will likely confirm for me. If you were to upgrade your airtime agreement it doesn't change the end date of your contract.

So if you want 20gb I don't see why you are reluctant to "upgrade" (your airtime)?
Message 21 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@MI5 or @Anonymous will likely confirm for me. If you were to upgrade your airtime agreement it doesn't change the end date of your contract.

So if you want 20gb I don't see why you are reluctant to "upgrade" (your airtime)?

i think it just means you'd be paying for the extra airtime allowance

Message 22 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed @Anonymous

I don't see @Glenda2014's issue here. She wants more data so change the airtime tariff to the 20gb tariff which should be available. Should not need to upgrade handset as part of this.
Message 23 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So if you want20gb I don't see why you are reluctant to "upgrade" (your airtime)?

That is correct, your contract length remains the same, however, 20gb is only available with certain phones so you would have to start a new contract with an eligible phone to get 20gb.

I'm on 8gb and my only option to change is to switch it to a sharer tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't because o2 won't let me not with out me upgrade early.
Message 25 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Agreed @Anonymous

@I don't see @Anonymous's issue here. She wants more data so change the airtime tariff to the 20gb tariff which should be available. Should not need to upgrade handset as part of this.

@Anonymous no need to upgrade handset as that is a seperate plan, just needs to upgrade airtime tariff

Message 26 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have to assume that the OP doesn't have the handset that allows for 20gb.

@Anonymous why don't you use wifi when you can?
Message 27 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous as you have asked before I am not sure what else we can tell you. Your options are:

Stick with 8gb till Match 2016 and use wifi more.
Recycle your phone to pay off (most of) your handset agreement then upgrade.
Message 28 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
We have to assume that the OP doesn't have the handset that allows for 20gb.

@Anonymous why don't you use wifi when you can?

@Anonymous agreed but we have all suggested what to do, lets see if they take our advice

Message 29 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
That was my thought @Anonymous but both the OP and @MI5 indicate that a handset upgrade may be required.

Personally I would be amazed o2 wouldn't allow an airtime upgrade as higher value tariff so more £ in the bank.
Message 30 of 59