Anonymous
Not applicable
Will O2 ever do unlimited data again
Message 1 of 59
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

A question asked by many and answered by so few.

All we know is that the networks are struggling to cope with the data usage explosion so it is unlikely in the short term.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

A question asked by many and answered by so few.

All we know is that the networks are struggling to cope with the data usage explosion so it is unlikely in the short term.

Message 2 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Will O2 ever do unlimited data again

As all of your posts revolve around more data/unlimited data or other data requirements, have you considered other networks that offer more than the max 20gb offered by O2?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
As i recall your contract has another 14 months to go (March 16) so who knows what will happen between now and then although there is a 20gb tariff available from time to time.

As always though the question remains. Do you NEED unlimited? 20gb is a lot of data for a mobile phone
Message 4 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
My question would be ,

Will O2 ever let the 20gb data allowance be allowed on more tariffs / upgrades etc.
Message 5 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
But the OP is asking about unlimited?

You have to go some to use 20gb in mobile when there is so much free wifi
Message 6 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Some people try and use it as a broadband replacement - That was the downfall of giffgaff's unlimited data package in the end.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
But the OP is asking about unlimited?

You have to go some to use 20gb in mobile when there is so much free wifi

I'm quite aware of that piperdog123 and as the 20gb option has been brought up I think my query is quite reasonable , and for many 20gb would be akin to unlimited especially as the supposed unlimited on the old legacy tariffs are now capped at 4gb !

Message 8 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was actually agreeing with you BoB
Message 9 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Some people try and use it as a broadband replacement - That was the downfall of giffgaff's unlimited data package in the end.

And that might be an option for me. Where I am moving to has weak bt broadband but fibre due in a year. 

O2 signal crap there.  No surprise. 

Vodafone full 4g and I can get a 20gb tariff for about £25 per month. 

Message 10 of 59