cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I lose my deposit if I pay a bill two days late?

Zach
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I got a contract recently and had to pay a large deposit, the first bill came and it is 4 days before I get paid (but payday is on a Sunday so I’ll get the money on the Friday) so as soon as I saw this I spoke to someone on chat who said it is fine if I pay it on the 16th (I said the 16th for the future paydays, but I’ll pay it on the 14th) and he said he put a note on my account. To be honest I haven’t had much good experience with customer service from networks so I’m a bit dubious about it all. I’m worried I’m going to lose that £475 I had to pay as a deposit just for paying two days late. I’m also worried that the chat agent didn’t cancel the DD or change the date, I might get a charge from my bank.

Has anyone had any expreience with this?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Worse case is that it will put you back a month if it’s classed as a late payment so you’ll still get your deposit back but it will be after 4 payments, not 3, assuming all the rest go through on time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Zach Call customer service on 202 from your phone to confirm that Live Chat has done what they said they were going to do. Don't leave it to chance. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edit: Best time to call is 8-8.30 am to avoid a long wait on hold.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Worse case is that it will put you back a month if it’s classed as a late payment so you’ll still get your deposit back but it will be after 4 payments, not 3, assuming all the rest go through on time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Zach, and welcome to the forum! I hope the answers above helped you understand your deposit better but do let us know if you have any other questions slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

Zach
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I called them up last week and they said it wouldn’t be a problem to pay two days late and that they’ll change the bill date for the future. They also said it won’t effect my deposit. I’m posting this here so I can refer back to it in a few months time when I inevitably have issues trying to get my deposit back. Joining this company has been the biggest farce I’ve ever faced. If I didn’t really need this phone I would have cancelled it and sent it back.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Actually, this is the whole point why they insist on taking a deposit and to be fair, you were made aware at the start of the contract. Making  three on-time payments works in your favour by building up your credit score and ensuring you can upgrade without need of a further deposit, If you keep a record of what you have been told about the 2 days not making a difference you will hopefully get the deposit back as agreed. 

But....an adviser cannot say that with any degree of certainty.as everything is automated. I too suspect you may have some degree of difficulty getting the deposit back on the 4th bill. I hope I'm wrong and wish you the very best of luck.

Message 6 of 6