cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I have lost phone features if I go from iPhone 6 to HTC then back 2 months later?

Leebroath
Level 3: Thinker
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, if I was to upgrade from an iPhone 6 to HTC M9 then some what later down the line I sell the HTC and I then go back to iPhone, will i still get the same functionality or will I lose some things as Im on an HTC contract?

Or is it just the same regardless of phone?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you purchase the HTC  from O2 it will be locked to the network but you can unlock at anytime free on contract. Buy elsewhere it should be unlocked. Only I phones lock to the first sim.

The data bolt on for iPhone is specific to the phone so you will need a standard data bolt on for the HTC and Idata for the iPhone so that visual voice mail and imessage work. Easily changed by calling customer service. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As far as I am aware you will lose nothing by changing phones.Your contract or tariff is irrelevant. For instance I could take out a 12 month sim only contract on my current phone (Note 3) and 6 months later change to a completely different phone...and enjoy the benefits of whatever phone i choose to use...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah thanks

If my mind serves me well, this wasn't the case a few years ago then

I'm pretty sure if you were on for example an HTC contract and went back to iPhone there was a service in the voicemail settings which wouldn't be allowed

and also if I purchase the HTC are these phones locked to O2 or is it locked to the thr first sim that's placed in?

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you purchase the HTC  from O2 it will be locked to the network but you can unlock at anytime free on contract. Buy elsewhere it should be unlocked. Only I phones lock to the first sim.

The data bolt on for iPhone is specific to the phone so you will need a standard data bolt on for the HTC and Idata for the iPhone so that visual voice mail and imessage work. Easily changed by calling customer service. 

Message 4 of 10

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok thank you

How long before I can unlock if from O2?

Is there a set amount of time O2 require you to be locked to that phone?

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's 12 months on payandgo but anytime on contract. The only exceptions at the moment are the iPhone 6 or the Samsung s6. Check before you buy with customer service as they now seem to be making people wait on flagship phones until the phone is paid off on Refresh contracts.

Message 6 of 10

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok I have decided to keep my iPhone 6 but have ordered the HTC in Gunmetal grey as I'm at the end of my contract and I'll sell it to my friend

Do I need to do anything regarding calling up CS or just leave it all the way it is?

I shall call CS up when I do receive it though and have it unlocked but it's not a big issue

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yes, simple enough for cs to switch for you.
Message 9 of 10

Leebroath
  • 81 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks everyone for help slight_smile
Message 10 of 10