Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Will Facebook's SMS service cost me?

I receive SMS updates from Facebook, the number it's sent from is 32665. Facebook state that their messaging service won't cost me anything, but declare that my mobile provider may charge me to send or receive these messages.
General feedback from users from the US show that the US carriers don't charge, but I've recently received a huge £200 phone bill from O2 (from call use) that I'd rather not get again next month as a result of user this Facebook service.

Any information on this is appreciated. Smiley Happy
Thanks,
Adam
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Will Facebook's SMS service cost me?

I receive SMS updates from Facebook, the number it's sent from is 32665. Facebook state that their messaging service won't cost me anything, but declare that my mobile provider may charge me to send or receive these messages.
General feedback from users from the US show that the US carriers don't charge, but I've recently received a huge £200 phone bill from O2 (from call use) that I'd rather not get again next month as a result of user this Facebook service.

Thanks,
Adam

yes. that is classed as an interactive text. send STOP to the number.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Check your recent charges on My O2 however I don't get charged for texts I both send and receive from Facebook
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks,
Adam

yes. that is classed as an interactive text. send STOP to the number.

Texting STOP would do nothing, you would need to change your notification settings on your facebook account.
Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

I don't get any charges for sending or receiving texts from facebook. No charge either for receiving notification alerts.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

[ Edited ]
For the full facts see here http://www.o2.co.uk/support/broadbandin ... t/facebook
If you have unlimited texts it will not cost unless you excede the unlimited fup except mms photo uploads as mms not included is the way I read o2 official info on this
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services