Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling

organic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just moved over to o2 from EE and not seem to able to get it working.

I am in the middle of North Sea now with WiFi and speed is just over 5 Meg not bad and no signal. WiFi calling was working out here last month with EE so I presumed o2 would work.

I have only moved over as contract up and the phone was from carphone but think I am too late to cancel it now and try another.

I think it worked in house before I left but 100%.

I have been on Goolgle and check most of my settings all seem OK is there link to down load setting over WiFi I know there was on to do over network?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@organic 

It won't work on O2 unless the WiFi IP address is a UK one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

organic
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reply I did think of that and that the same for EE as far as I no.

It is telling me Aberdeen.

ISP: Brightsolid Online Technology Ltd

City: Aberdeen

Region: Aberdeen City

organic

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

That should be OK @organic 

The key is whether it actually was working when you were at home or not.

If it was, it should still work now, but it does need setting up on your account by customer service and then you need to turn it on in your MyO2.

wifi on.PNG

If it's not turning on, you'll need someway of calling O2 to enable it on your account.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

organic
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In my app its said WiFi is enabled I am still trying to get holed of some one from o2 on chat but taking a while.

three wifi calling working out here so I've been told.

I probably only have one day left to cancal if they can't do anything about it might be stuck with something that is no use to me as three I can get same tariff for same price.

I am not allowed mobile phone in my work area where  I have a bit of time I can only do it on my breaks witch is a pain.

Thanks 

organic

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I suspect it just needs to be enabled on your account by customer service @organic 

I've no idea why it isn't on by default. It always used to be but was changed for some reason.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

organic
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wifi Calling is enabled but still no luck so leaving o2 as no good to me out hear.

There are about 200,000+ workers in the oil around the cost on oil rigs boats etc and more and more want wifi calling and text as need text to code for likes of banking and other stuff.

most of the other networks work so if o2 want people they should sort this type of stuff out as they are loosing out.

Thanks for the help.

organic

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best of luck mate and yes, agree with you completely.
Incidentally, you wouldn't be able to receive texts over wifi with O2 either, even if calling was working.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9