Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

I can confirm that wifi calling has not been disabled by Samsung and will work if the below criteria is met and the steps to setup the feature are followed. 

To enable Wifi Calling on the S7 you will need the following:

• A Samsung S7 or S7 Edge purchased directly from O2
  • The latest system software installed 
  • the Wifi and 4G bolt on applied 

As with the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, some O2 services are incompatible with Wifi and 4G Calling on the Samsung device. If you're using any of the services below you'll need to make a decision on whether to carry on or switch to Wifi and 4G Calling:

• TU Go
  • O2 Just Call Me
  • Mobex
  • Mobile Recording from O2

Since 17 April, Samsung S7 and S7 edge customers have been receiving notification of a new software update. Once this update has been installed, your device will be Wifi and 4G Calling ready – but the options won’t yet appear in your Settings menu. To enable Wifi and 4G Calling, you’ll need to first set it up:

• Regular customers can go to My O2 and tap on Device Details > Wifi and 4G Calling.
  • Business customers need to call in or contact their Digital Advisor or Business Partner.

Once this is done, it may take up to 24 hours for the bolt-on to be applied but once it has, the menu options will appear in the Settings menu and can be switched on as follows:

• Settings > Connections > Wifi Calling > switcto On
  • Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > 4G Calling > switch to On

And that's it you're good to go! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
It was announced and then we heard that Samsung had pulled it due to an issue, so until we hear back from Samsung, we don't know.
Maybe @Chris_K has some more info?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davena99 Nobody here would know this as we are all customers but I'll tag @Chris_K as he may know.

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

I can confirm that wifi calling has not been disabled by Samsung and will work if the below criteria is met and the steps to setup the feature are followed. 

To enable Wifi Calling on the S7 you will need the following:

• A Samsung S7 or S7 Edge purchased directly from O2
  • The latest system software installed 
  • the Wifi and 4G bolt on applied 

As with the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, some O2 services are incompatible with Wifi and 4G Calling on the Samsung device. If you're using any of the services below you'll need to make a decision on whether to carry on or switch to Wifi and 4G Calling:

• TU Go
  • O2 Just Call Me
  • Mobex
  • Mobile Recording from O2

Since 17 April, Samsung S7 and S7 edge customers have been receiving notification of a new software update. Once this update has been installed, your device will be Wifi and 4G Calling ready – but the options won’t yet appear in your Settings menu. To enable Wifi and 4G Calling, you’ll need to first set it up:

• Regular customers can go to My O2 and tap on Device Details > Wifi and 4G Calling.
  • Business customers need to call in or contact their Digital Advisor or Business Partner.

Once this is done, it may take up to 24 hours for the bolt-on to be applied but once it has, the menu options will appear in the Settings menu and can be switched on as follows:

• Settings > Connections > Wifi Calling > switcto On
  • Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > 4G Calling > switch to On

And that's it you're good to go! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update @Martin-O2

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Cheers bud slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries guys! Feel free to share the above or tag me if you see any similar queries. 

signature

Message 9 of 9