Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling

Lee72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello, I have an iPhone 7. I’m on a SIM pay monthly contract and have been using WiFi calls and 4G calls. Yesterday I got a notification that it has been switched off. I can’t turn it back on in my phone settings (the toggle switch just prompts to contact o2). I’ve checked my account settings on the website and it says I have WiFi calls active.

Anyone have this problem? Any help or advice appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee72
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello, thanks to everyone for the replies. I’d tried restarting, resetting settings, etc and nothing seemed to work. Strangely, the setting reactivated by itself earlier today when at home. I’m not sure what caused it to be honest. Perhaps it was the poor speeds of of my home broadband yesterday or a mast issue - not sure. Anyway I’m happy it’s resolved.

Thanks again for the replies

Lee.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Lee72 Contact customer service, as per the prompt. 

All numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Because you're not buying anything, O2 won't consider your call important, so use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

Alternatively, below is the advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Lee72 

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Lee72
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hello, thanks to everyone for the replies. I’d tried restarting, resetting settings, etc and nothing seemed to work. Strangely, the setting reactivated by itself earlier today when at home. I’m not sure what caused it to be honest. Perhaps it was the poor speeds of of my home broadband yesterday or a mast issue - not sure. Anyway I’m happy it’s resolved.

Thanks again for the replies

Lee.
Message 4 of 4