Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling on iPhone 8

Marcus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there
I want to upgrade to an iPhone 8 on pay monthly. WiFi calling is a good feature for me, as 4G reception can be patchy at home.
I’ve noted that some of the tariffs state that WiFi calling is included, whereas others don’t mention it.
Does this mean that the feature is disabled on some tarrifs, even though the handset is capable? Or is it just an omission - I can’t find info in the small print.
Thanks
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you can get WiFi calling on any tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you can get WiFi calling on any tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Marcus wifi calling will only work on devices bought from O2 directly ie: Refresh tariffs 

Message 3 of 8

Marcus
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks both
Yes lovemyphone - it’s an O2 device plan I want to subscribe to, with the 8gb plan in mind bought online through O2
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Actually, on iPhones, WiFi calling will work on phones bought anywhere.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcus I’d suggest going in store to get your phone rather than using the online shop as you will have better luck of the store having stock of your chosen device rather than the notorious website  shop

Message 6 of 8

Marcus
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve been offered a £25 discount online. Is there any reason to believe I’d be sent the wrong unit, and for there to be any doubt? Cheers
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You won't be sent the wrong phone but depending on colour and capacity, you may have to wait for stock.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8