cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and 4G not available on Tariff?

r1ch
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

I am moving to a new property where there is no signal so after looking at options to get around this I found out about WiFi and 4G calling which is perfect.

I had a 20 month old o2 contract and a Oneplus 3T which wasn't supported so after a bit of browsing went to Carphone Warehouse and upgraded to a Samsung S9 on their unlimited minutes, texts and 16GB of data tariff after checking the phone would support it which they assured me it would (and after doing some research confirmed this). I 'added' WiFi and 4G calling via My o2 but noticed the next day it was still there as an option to add rather than saying I had it. Suffice to say nothing on my phone after looking in all the recommended places.

I phoned o2 and the nice woman I spoke to advised that it wasn't available on my tariff as they had tried to accept it on their end several times but it kept saying not available on this tariff. I found this odd as it was a brand new tariff (o2 unlimted) and they told me to go back to Carphone Warehouse as they should be able to see what tariff's support this feature although after enquiring apparently myself as a customer wouldn't be able to see this if i had ordered online etc which I found odd.

After going back to CPW they also advised this was odd and didn't make sense and rang o2 on my behalf where after confirming my details the lady told the CPW rep that it was enabled and would take up to 24 hours to activate but to speed up the process restart my phone every 2 hours if possible. Now I am about an hour away from the full 24 hours but after restarting my phone numerous times nothing new is showing. I have followed the procedures here https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/network-support/wifi-and-4g-calling#Samsung-set-up and nothing, no updates available etc it could be that I need to wait the full 24 hours admittedly but I don't think this is the issue, I think that them enabling it over the phone came back with the same error etc

Does anyone have any steps on how to proceed to get this sorted? The only reason I upgraded was that I NEED this feature and I don't really think CPW are at fault here.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

r1ch
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have Wi-Fi calling!

For anyone else encountering this problem it would appear that having the spend limit add-on on your account will prevent it from working initially but once removed it works fine. I was also given the option of re-adding it after Wi-Fi calling was enabled but chose not to but I would assume as they offered it again it should work if needed as well as Wi-Fi calling.

The guy I spoke to still re-iterated it may not work due to non-O2 firmware before I rebooted my phone but it is. Should add he did call me back and then let me reboot the phone and rang me back again so fair dues to him.

Thanks for all the help. Appreciated.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@r1ch

Get customer services to escalate the issue to tech support.
It's not a tariff issue so needs investigating properly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r1ch Is there an option to turn WiFi Calling on in your phones settings as that may need to be on as well. I’m not entirely sure on this but I think that you can only get WiFi Calling if you purchase an O2 contract in one of their stores & not third party but maybe someone else will be able to clarify that 

Message 3 of 26

r1ch
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
There is no option for Wi-Fi calling anywhere and after my own research the S9 should not have to be purchased directly from o2 for this to work. Hopefully someone will confirm this.

Thanks for the response.
Message 4 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
S9 will work regardless of where purchased providing it's on a UK unbranded or O2 firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 26

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Maybe need to confirm the CSC number to check it is on UK version?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 26

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @r1ch, I was wondering if you'd made any progress on this since yesterday? Did you get a chance to check the latest replies above? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 26

r1ch
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello,

Sorry for no replies as of late have been busy working and sorting the house move. No I haven't had a chance to call o2 again, either finish after they shut or don't have enough time to 'firmly' put the point across that it is on their end.

The CSC is G960FOXM2BRJ3 which I believe due to the OXM part means there is no issue with my phone.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Correct. CSC is fine.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 26

Rabster
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I couldn't find wifi calling on the main settings/connections menu but if you pull down from the top of the screen to view the quick settings icons, then swipe to the second page the very last option will be wifi calling (unchecked by default). I'm probably stating the obvious, but I actually found it by accident myself!
Message 10 of 26