Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi fi calling

Elly62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I know this has been discussed before but after trying all the previous advice can anyone suggest anything else? My wi fi calling has disappeared from my Samsung A70. It's not in the settings anymore but does intermittently come back but then disappears again. Samsung say its a network issue and O2 say its a phone issue! I've put my sim in another phone and wi fi calling works and I've put another sim in my phone and wi fi calling works.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Andy7856
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have same problem,  both my work (o2) and personal (o2) SIMs work fine in another handset, neither work on wifi/VOLTE in my Samsung.    Have reset the samsung 3 times, now cleared catche, new SIM, attempted to raise faults with Samsung,  raised faults with O2 - some users have reported to have resolved to go the issue resolved but I am one of the unlucky one.   Wifi/VOLTE works for exactly 24hrs then stops - you can time it to the second.   Hopefully there is a silver wand out there.  slight_smile

Message 2 of 6

Elly62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The only thing I haven't had is a sim swap, if you have had one and it hasn't worked there's no point! My husband has the same phone and is on O2 and has no problems 😡 Thanks for your reply ,
Message 3 of 6

Andy7856
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Elly62 Hi, not sure how, but I think it looks like have got my wifi/VOLTE calling working now and its settled (touch wood) I have done a number of things so not 100% sure what I did to be honest that cured it.   More recently I backed up - wiped and re-installed everything barr the setting.

Have you tried to wipe the cache partition?  Also when you get wifi calling, try placing wifi as the preferred network (not mobile network), also when you lose the wifi-calling option option are you actually connected to the wifi at the time?  Also try turning off Samsung RCS setttings in the message settings.

What network SIM did you try in the handset?  Also did the handset come from O2 or another network?

One option is to log as a fault and ask O2 to re-provision your line however it sounds like a handset issue I faced.

Message 4 of 6

Elly62
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes is mainly the answer except I haven't wiped the cache partition or turned off the Samsung rcs setting. I'll try both of these 😀🤞

Message 5 of 6

Andy7856
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Problem back.  Appears only temp fix.  Samsung not interested in helping as issue does not generate an error log.   Good luck trying to get a fix.   My next phone won't be samsung on o2, I promise that.  

Message 6 of 6