Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Wi Fi connection

I have tried everything to connect my samsung galaxy to my home internet , every you tube vid , no luck . o2 guru , it will connect to work wi fi straight away . It will connect via my iphone straight away . Help

Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,504

Re: Wi Fi connection

What frequency is your router on?
Some phones will only work on 2.4ghz and not see 5ghz frequencies.
What phone and what wifi router are we working with?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

Hi . I'm  techno phobe . I have bt wifi and everything connects . I had O2 check the phone , they connected it fine to my other phone , it connects straight away to my works wi fi . It twirls and says connecting then doesnt 

Anonymous

It's a samsung galaxy J3

Highlighted
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,504

As it's a BT hub there may be a problem with the smart setup feature and splitting the bands usually helps.
See this BT helplink on how to turn it off http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

@Anonymous - that is the most likely cause, and another BT link here specifically covers symptoms, and gives a step-by-step walk-through of how to split the 2.4 and 5 channels on your BT hub.  Good luck!

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTE2MzE1Mzg4L3NpZC9BazEqejVEbg%3D%3D

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Community Manager

Hey @Anonymous please do let us know if the above helped with connecting to the wi-fi and if you have any further questions. Smiley Happy

Cheers for your help @MI5 and @pgnthumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature