cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi Fi connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried everything to connect my samsung galaxy to my home internet , every you tube vid , no luck . o2 guru , it will connect to work wi fi straight away . It will connect via my iphone straight away . Help

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What frequency is your router on?
Some phones will only work on 2.4ghz and not see 5ghz frequencies.
What phone and what wifi router are we working with?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi . I'm  techno phobe . I have bt wifi and everything connects . I had O2 check the phone , they connected it fine to my other phone , it connects straight away to my works wi fi . It twirls and says connecting then doesnt 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a samsung galaxy J3

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As it's a BT hub there may be a problem with the smart setup feature and splitting the bands usually helps.
See this BT helplink on how to turn it off http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35209 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous - that is the most likely cause, and another BT link here specifically covers symptoms, and gives a step-by-step walk-through of how to split the 2.4 and 5 channels on your BT hub.  Good luck!

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTE2MzE1Mzg4L3NpZC9BazEqejVEbg%3D%3D

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous please do let us know if the above helped with connecting to the wi-fi and if you have any further questions. slight_smile

Cheers for your help @MI5 and @pgnthumbsup

Message 7 of 7