Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi calling disappeared - Sony XZ1

PeterB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

Was expecting a call today - never came through. Wifi calling icon was up, but then tried to check voicemail and it didn't connect the call, so I restarted the phone.

Now the icon is gone - and the option to enable WiFi calling has disappeared from all menus. I've been using it fine for several months, so this is...weird.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling My O2 based on a similar Samsung thread, but no joy. Now trying disabling and reenabling WiFi calling in my o2, but that will take up to 24/48 hours I guess.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Mines also back, but the volte toggle was set to the off position so might be worth checking your toggles folks.
Message 31 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah had to toggle mine back on once it reappeared in settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 36

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

DNDN
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had same experience on Galaxy S8 supplied by O2.

Not for the first time on 17 Oct WiFi calling and 4G calling stopped working and disappeared from phone menus.

Entries are no longer visible via Settings-Connections or via Phone App-Settings (Three dots)

Reported issue again to O2 and they raised a ticket.

Previously got it back my disabling the service then re-enabling using MyO2.  This can involve a 24 hour wait.  Did this, but first time it did not bring it back.  I tried this a second time and magically the menus and WiFi calling operation all OK again by morning of 18 Oct.

Don't know if my disabling and re-enabling the service was the fix or not.

WiFi calling for me is always a bit flaky.  Despite a solid WiFi connection the WiFi calling feature can disable itself, although so long as menu entries are there I can re-enable on my phone.

Also when I reboot my phone, sometimes despite WiFi calling being selected on the phone it will not start the function.  In this situation if I turn the WiFi Calling feature off and on maybe four or five times on my phone it will kick-in.

If only this was reliable and if only it could do text messages as well.

Really miss TuGo that did all that I needed and worked on any phone.

I hope O2 can get to grips with this.  Whenever I report these issues they make out this situation is unique.  Clearly others suffer the issues as well.

Message 34 of 36

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

O2 seem to have problems in providing anything related to wifi. First TuGo and then O2 Ask and all the O2 wifi hotspots. 

Message 35 of 36

REAL999
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Chris K

My mates got this problem today, tried reboot etc and still not working, this is affecting his business as he lives in a rural area please can you help 😃 Rebecca
Message 36 of 36