Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi calling disappeared - Sony XZ1

PeterB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

Was expecting a call today - never came through. Wifi calling icon was up, but then tried to check voicemail and it didn't connect the call, so I restarted the phone.

Now the icon is gone - and the option to enable WiFi calling has disappeared from all menus. I've been using it fine for several months, so this is...weird.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling My O2 based on a similar Samsung thread, but no joy. Now trying disabling and reenabling WiFi calling in my o2, but that will take up to 24/48 hours I guess.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Sorry I didn't spot this thread sooner, but we had a slight issue yesterday on our end that could have potentially caused some intermittent issues with wifi calling, but it has been fully resolved now. If you're still not seeing the wifi calling setting (but you've previously had and used it on a supported device), please do a full reboot of your device (not a reset, just a reboot!) and it should bring it back.

Sorry for any issues this would've caused, but we hope it's not something you'll experience again.

PS. If a reboot doesn't sort it, try flipping airplane mode on/off, and if still nothing, maybe a manual reconnection to the network via the network selection option. If still an issue, PM me.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you tried rebooting your wifi router?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 36

PeterB1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just tried it now, no difference on the phone.

Its the fact that the options are completely gone from phone settings that's worrying me - like o2 has stopped supporting it. No system updates since September it seems, though latest 'sync' was this morning according to the phone update history.
Message 3 of 36

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No reason why they would stop supporting that phone that I can think of and certainly not heard anything.
Might be worth a call to customer service to check your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 36

PeterB1
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Will do, thanks.
Very strange to me that the options are just 'gone' from settings without a software update.

There is a new SIP Calling section in the settings that I don't remember from before, and quick google shows that that's a VOIP handling thing...needs username, password and server settings though, so seems a bit different.
Message 5 of 36

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah that is something unrelated to O2 WiFi calling.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 36

GSB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same isue, but on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I use wifi calling all the time as signal very bad in my location. Yesterday it was working, today it's not a and the menu option in the phone gone.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the my O2 app (saw this suggested in another thread). I have opted out and back in of wifi calling. Many phone restarts, had the sim out, no joy.

I spoke to someone at O2 who I think logged a ticket, but I called an hour later and they could not find it!

The second O2 person I spoke to said I was not the only person to report this today.

Message 7 of 36

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Try looking under settings and mobile network settings
Message 8 of 36

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions

Screenshot_20181017-180719_Mobile networks.jpg

Message 9 of 36

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
That's at least 5 different types of handsets I've seen this on now, something must be tripping something at O2s end.
Message 10 of 36