cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't 02 take ownership of refund problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

As off today (26/10) it has been 27 days since I rejected a Samsung phone through click and click. The parcel was rejected immediately I recieved it and returned unopen. It should have been a simple  reverse transaction back to my credit card. What is the problem 02? The Customer Service have different passwords to what I use but will not speak to me. This of course is not relevant as it am asking for the money to be paid into the account that I used to buy it!

I am now filling in a form at UK gov to make a debt claim. As anyone had success with this method?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Nor me either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Maybe this, https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money though you do need to go through the company's complaint procedure first.

Yes I doubt they will look at it if the correct procedure hasn't been followed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 community head. Please feel free to send me a PM and we can have a chat about getting this resolved for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although the money still to appear in my account I have had a response from Emma in the Complaints Dept. "I’ve checked the history of your order and it shows it was marked as returned on 14 October 2016. This should have processed an automatic refund, but it’s unclear why this didn’t happen."

Reading between the lines in would appear the shop did not return the phone for nearly two weeks.

Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Although the money still to appear in my account I have had a response from Emma in the Complaints Dept. "I’ve checked the history of your order and it shows it was marked as returned on 14 October 2016. This should have processed an automatic refund, but it’s unclear why this didn’t happen."

Reading between the lines in would appear the shop did not return the phone for nearly two weeks.

This is usually the problem. until it is actually scanned back in as returned...it doesn't register on their system...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It must be difficult to get someone anddelegate them to clear the mailroom. Quite possibly the worst performing department in the whole of O2.....

Message 17 of 17