cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so expensive for and upgrade vs CPW

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi on an upgrade CPW will do o2 S7 £50 up front for £28 per month or £0 up front and £32 3mb 

o2 same deal but Charge £42 

why? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alternatively, you could buy a new phone on a new contract and then ask O2 to switch the number over to that new contract. I did that for my son, through mobiles.co.uk and got him a much better deal. To their credit, though, at least O2 will port numbers to people on the SAME network. EE won't.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Because that's their decision and you can get refresh and other offers if you buy from o2 which you can't get from CPW.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

CPW have likely subsidised the handset which is common for them but Refresh is where you pay for the device separate to your airtime tariff over 24 months 

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As always, go for the deal you are happiest with. However if you go for the CPW deal you are tied in for 2 years and that's quite a long time in terms of mobile phone advancement. After 12 months you may feel the need to change mobile.....

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alternatively, you could buy a new phone on a new contract and then ask O2 to switch the number over to that new contract. I did that for my son, through mobiles.co.uk and got him a much better deal. To their credit, though, at least O2 will port numbers to people on the SAME network. EE won't.
Message 5 of 5