Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Why no warranty swaps?

[ Edited ]

I find it really really irritating that when there's a problem with the handset beyond the first 28 days that you have to send your phone off to O2 for "repair"; Vodafone will simply perform a next day swap for the phone during the first year of it's life if it develops a fault (which I've taken advantage of as my work phone is supplied by Vodafone).  

So my beloved phone is now out of my hands for effectively 2 weeks at which point I'll get a replacement back anyway (as my fault is dust under the screen) which is a known fault and I'd be surprised if the repair centre do anything with them...

...so frustrating!

Kudos: 177
Solutions: 181

Re: Why no warranty swaps?

That is strange, as my partner had a fault with her Galaxy Ace which is on Voda and they sent that for repair too, as with O2 she was offered a loan phone but decided to just use her old 9360 instead.

Anonymous

Perhaps it's because I'm a Vodafone business customer; that said, years ago I was an Orange customer (around 2002) and they offered individual customers next day warranty swaps.  When you consider it must cost O2 to ship a handset off for repair and ultimately swap it out (probably for a refurb'd unit) when they could just send out the refurb.

Anonymous

I remember that with Orange as well know of a few vodafone customers and they have had to have phones sent away
Kudos: 177
Solutions: 181

Being a business customer could do the trick Smiley Tongue

Previously having worked for Orange I remember the next day courier warranty repairs; between 9-1, 1-5, 6-9 Smiley Very Happy