cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no online bill payment option on mobile Myo2, or on the App?

FastJim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have delivered a great IOS App, but with no feature to pay my bill online. Why not?

Then I go to My O2 on my Iphone: lots of info about the bill can be viewed, but no place to pay the bill online.

I usually get this when I am abroad: I get the bill, want to pay, but cant, until I get hold of a PC to go to my O2, when the payment option miraculously appears!

WHY oh WHY has this payment option been left out? OR, am I missing some secret link to payments when on my phone?

Anybody, help with this monthly annoyance?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can access the PC version on My O2 on the phone to pay the bill, just go in through your browser rather than the app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
As mi5 said, Web version through phone.
But payment option would be very welcome on the app.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I would also add that the annoyance of have to manually pay every month could be removed by setting up a direct debit ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You can access the PC version on My O2 on the phone to pay the bill, just go in through your browser rather than the app.

I didn't realise that @MI5  I pay by direct debit myself so have no need to pay either using PC or mobile...but it is good to know about accessing My O2 via browser on mobile.

Mind you...I can't understand why the app wouldn't allow this anyway?

Seems like the app is not fully fit for purpose...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've no idea why the option isn't there in the app either.
It doesn't make any sense but I am the same in that I pay by DD so it's never bothered me.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's a strange decision not to include a payment option other than a link to paying by phone. Perhaps they will look at that in the next update. Paying by DD is obviously preferable to me and the majority of customers but if O2 are letting people now cancel DDs and paying by other means then through the app should be an easy option for them.

Message 7 of 7