Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have O2 removed No carrier logo on P20 Pro

NightOrchid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I Unboxed my Shiny P20 Pro last night.. Oh Im in love..... . 

I cant remove the "O2 UK" carrier logo from the home screen (left of the notch), which takes up space for extra notifications... yet on EE / Vodafone and 3 networks, they all have the ability to remove their carrier logo, so why have O2 removed the option to turn off logo.. I dont need to be reminded Im on O2

However, I used to own a Mate 10 Pro, so I know the setting everybody refers to which used to be in Settings > Apps Notifications > Notifications & Status Bar... 

I Searched both Android Central and Web... but all searches keep referring to the M10P fix above..

Anyone got any advice or any success with getting rid of the O2 logo..

As you can see.. the 1st image (O2) has no option... the 2nd image is from EE, that has the option

Screenshot_20180801-001334.jpg

EE P20 Pro.jpg

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Sadly this one one of the foibles of having an Android phone. 

The platform is ‘open ended’ which has many good things going for it but it allows networks to customise their firmware to block out certain functions, this being an example.

if its any consolation EE have blocked out the 4G+ logo on their Android handsets, a function I liked and found particularly annoying after I found out. An unbranded equivalent will happily display 4G+ on EE all day long assuming you are in Band 7 2600mHz coverage...the EE branded handset will not. 

Apple products don’t have that issue ! 

Message 11 of 15

NightOrchid
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used to have iPhone 7+... and I have to be honest, it just worked.. security was great and everything just worked as it should...

I would like to see all my notifications though slight_smile

Message 12 of 15

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
You may be able to edit OEM settings. Using MMI you can sometimes alter phone settings. However i know nothing about it.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 13 of 15

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I found an answer on another website which definitely involves rooting, busybox terminal and some command lines.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 14 of 15

Ste_A
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The option to remove the carrier logo is there in the new Pie (9.0.0.168) firmware. I believe O2 are now pushing this out OTA but I downloaded it a week ago via firmware Finder using the erecovery method.
Still no Volte or WiFi calling options ☹️
Message 15 of 15