cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my tariff gone up after cancelling my insurance?

cren92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To save a bit of money, I cancelled my O2 Insure - Accidental Damage Cover which was costing me £9 extra a month on my bill.

My tariff has been a regular charge of £28.25, however since I cancelled the damage cover I can see my tariff has gone up to £33.89, a more than £5 increase!

I find this really shady by O2, and what's more - I tried to see my downgraded tariff options (currently on 100GB) and the 60GB a month option is exactly the same price! (£33.89).

This is unacceptable!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Nick_selkent
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Are you sure you didn't agree to a discount on line rental when you take out insurance?

The same happens to Disney plus, if you cancel it your bill goes back to £2 extra again.

I would read what you originally signed for
Message 2 of 5

cren92
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No, there is nothing stated in the fine print about any sort of discount to my tariff upon insuring the phone through the O2 Insure bolt-on.
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@cren92 I will tag @O2Kyle who will be able to look into your account in the morning and advise you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

O2Kyle
  • 23 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thankyou @Bambino 

@cren92 I assume there must be a valid reason for this, could be pro rata charges from the insurnace depending which day you cancelled it, and which day we produce your bill.

I'll private message you and i'll tell you exactly what's going on, i just need to gather your details.

signature
Message 5 of 5