cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does o2 have to be different than everyone else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right so I bought this o2 dongle from Tescos on the promise that it was easy to top up with a voucher. What do I find?

Yes, you can't top up by voucher. You have to use a debit card.

Waky, waky o2. Not everyone has debit cards! Even if they do, not everyone will use a debit card for that purpose.

I have used T-Mobile Dongles, Vodafone and 3 and they all use the voucher system, as well as debit cards. So why do you have to be different?

I tried chatting to your customer services via the live chat. However, I may as well have tried talking to Zippy. I explained the problem, and they just give me a link to........Yes the debit card payment section. Kind of pointless when I already told them, I don't have a debit card.

So this gives me two options. I either take this useless piece of rubbish back and have many arguments, or I can sell it on to some other mug. Let them have the problem.

I think I will do the latter. Nice try o2, but no cigar.

Might I also point out that not putting that clause on the OUTSIDE of the box is misleading customers. I shall be reporting that to the authorites.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome to the Forum,

TBH you will find that most of us here {customers like you} always advise not to use Live Chat for account Enquiries etc.

Live Chat is manned by non uk outsourced callcentre staff who read from a script so they are ok for low level general enquiries. They are getting extra training so hopefully things will improve !

I've not used an 02 dongle and if it is as you say I also find that silly as I personally wont use my debit card even to top up my pay as you go go go account !

Perhaps feedback your thoughts here :  https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Right so I bought this o2 dongle from Tescos on the promise that it was easy to top up with a voucher. What do I find?

Yes, you can't top up by voucher. You have to use a debit card.

Who promised you that you could top up via voucher? Someone in Tesco or a member of O2 staff? It is always wise to check up on things like this before making a purchase rather then blaming the supplier. Never assume anything.

As already mentioned, Live Chat will be of no use to you as they won't have this query in their script database.

It would be better if you called Customer Services who will be able to give you some proper advice on how to top up.

Oh and as for the last sentence...

cartman

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunatley the way MBB works is that you buy allowance of data with a debit card only, vouchers will only top up a number and the MBB sim is a different breed of animal. You could try calling CS and see if the adviser would lock the voucher and give you a free GB on this occasion. However, moving forward you cannot top up with anything other than a debit/credit card. It is a secure way of buying an allowance as O2 do not store your payment details and they do not share your personal data without your permission, this has to be asked for and not assumed.

Message 4 of 4