cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does it take in excess of a month to leave 02?

holyrood99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nearly a month down the line after settling my account, paying off my device and still I cannot leave 02 as the unlatching code given didnt unlatch my device. Have contacted 02 for around a month, spending my lunch times  every day being put through to this department, having complaint escalated all to no avail. I may just go mad if I cannot resolve this soon.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'll mention @EmilieT to see if she can assist you.

Silly question, have you tried another sim in the phone?

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@holyrood99 

Check the unlocking guide for additional help but @EmilieT is probably best placed to help Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

holyrood99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've tried over 150 times now at the behest of the 30 or so people I've contacted at 02.

It's thoroughly locked to 02 now, they can't replace it as they don't have any stock. I was expecting a call this afternoon but like everyone else who said they would call back, they never did.

I'll have to start again tommorow. I've spent in excess of 20 hours on the phone to them, and another few hours on Web chat. I'm losing the will to live.
Message 4 of 9

holyrood99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I've tried several. I have been paying for a sim only contract with another provider but can't use their sim card or other sim cards from other providers that I've tried. So now I'm paying for two contracts.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@holyrood99 

You don't have to be paying for 2 contracts.

Switch your O2 number to PAYG whilst they sort out your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

holyrood99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think I'd rack up more in PAYG charges than my monthly contract bill at the moment.

They did mention a couple of weeks ago that they would credit me with money to cover the cost of my other contract but it was another empty promise. Nothing happened, no one called and when I chased them up they denied they had said anything.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sounds about right!

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @holyrood99, and sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble getting your device unlocked! 

I'd happily get one of our gurus to check why it's been taking so long and how to get things sorted for you, I'll need a few more details first though so watch out for a Private Message on the community shortly slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @jonsie and @MI5 thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9