Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Why does it seem like Android users hate iphones so much?

There are some brilliant Android handsets on the market right now and they have loads of features, many the iphone are only just starting to implement, but why is it that those in favour of android phones feel the need to bash the iphone so much?!

I will be getting the iphone 4 when its released in white, but have recommended the htc desire to so many of my friends and really like the dell streak, sometimes seems like this sort of balanced opinion isn't allowed!

www.choiceisgood.com/surely?!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well I use an Andriod phone and an iPhone and of the two the Android wins for me. I'm lucky as it's a Nexus One running Android 2.2 so now has full flash. The pace of Android development is extremely fast.

What I like about Android is customisation. Don't like the diary - then change it. Same goes for things like the mail app, keyboard etc. Has the ability to to proper multitasking - useful for me in some situations. Ability to swap batteries.

For me the iPhone is one of those devices that works very well out of the box, but I'm a fiddler who likes to try new things, and for that Android is ideal
Highlighted
Anonymous

I agree Dave, the two phones are geared towards different tastes I initially posted after having a pal vent his dissatisfaction of the iphone and its restrictions and calling me a brain washed fanboy! without fear of showing my age, it reminds me of the debates in my younger years regarding sega and nintendo consoles!

Haven't played about with a nexus one yet, is it far superior to the desire?

My only gripe with the android market is that with so many phones coming out an expensive phone can lose value so very quickly, a mate who purchased the Hero for £400 found himself selling it for £100 six months down the line....
Highlighted
Anonymous

Having owned a 3G (16gb) for the past 21 months, I have just terminated my 02 contract to go elsewhere.

My new contract is £15/month cheaper, offer me more talk mins/unlimited text and more data than my current tarrif - and lets not forget the 'new' iPhone tarrifs are actually worse than the old/existing tarrifs.

My new phone... yep, its an HTC Desire.

I have had it for just over 1 month now and having literally used the Desire side by side with the 3G, must say it is a much better phone. Okay maybe not a fair comparision to put the 3G up against the Desire, but frankly the 4G is currently too damn expensive. To get one free you have to have an expensive tarrif, if you go for a middling tarrif, you still have to pay up to £100's for the 4G.

So, as an HTC (Android) user, I don't hate the iPhone, but do think that there are too many fanboys tripping over themselves to get a phone/tarrif that is not the best combination in the market.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm an android user. I like the iphone, esp my mates iphone 4. As above, just prefer customisation of android, and variety of phones that run it rather than the couple of iphone models available. Only thing that I hate about iphone is the very vocal minority of iphone customers who don't understand the word 'contract' and want to be let out for free (20 quid per month remaining is reasonable esp as other users don't get that).
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm an android user. I like the iphone, esp my mates iphone 4. As above, just prefer customisation of android, and variety of phones that run it rather than the couple of iphone models available. Only thing that I hate about iphone is the very vocal minority of iphone customers who don't understand the word 'contract' and want to be let out for free (20 quid per month remaining is reasonable esp as other users don't get that).

I agree with your point about those expecting to be let off there contract just because they own an iPhone, its based on what happened with the 2g iphone, but all these 3g/3gs users seem to forget the terms of that initial iPhone contract were significantly different to their own!

I read an article recently suggesting the Nexus one was pretty much dead and buried, killed off by the htc desire. It is a shame as the more superphones out there the more innovative companies have to be.......

I'm swaying towards getting a desire now the White iphones been delayed, any other recommendations out there guys?