cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do long standing customers get the worst deals?

Hammerstone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I'm almost at the time of my contract running out and time for an upgrade.

I'm interested in the Iphone 12 Pro Max - 128GB..

On mobilephonesdirect.co.uk it has that phone, on O2, unlimtied data, £49.99 upfront cost along with apple tv subscription, and a 24 month contract..comes in at £63.

Loging in to the o2 website, I've replicated the same, paying the upfront cost and it quotes me £80 monthly. 

Even looking at other providers such as EE and 3 its much cheaper.

So, Should I wait for my contract to run down (Mid feb) and then use these other sites, or should I expect O2 to offer me a better deal? What I cant work out is why their own offers are cheaper on other sites than to customers using their own website who've been with O2 for about 18 years!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Hammerstone 

O2 sell all contracts to everyone at the same price, but they also give commission to third parties who resell contracts, so these companies pass on the commission as an incentive.

Go for the deal that suits you best, but there is no refresh, O2 open or family plan discounts unless you buy direct.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Hammerstone 

O2 wont pricematch at all, so you need to go for the deal which suits you best.

Just make sure if you change contract to a new provider that you are getting a good signal.

A better deal is not so good if the phone doesn't work well on a different network.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3